5 Things I Wish I Would Have Known Before I Started Blogging
I received so much support from family and friends when I initially started blogging. My first blog went live September 18, 2018, and it was shared almost 50 times. I am sure my family and friends wanted to share my new adventure, even if they did not quite know what “blogging” meant (I am forever thankful for their support). To be honest, I did not quite understand what blogging meant. After sitting on the thought of blogging for many months, I just jumped right in. Yep, I had the slightest idea on anything. For some reason, I thought I would just write and people will automatically find my website. Not true! In this blog, I share what I wish I would have known before I started blogging. If you are new to blogging or interested in becoming a blogger, this is for you.
1. Learn about website hosting before becoming a blogger. Website hosting is where your blog will live. I went with Bluehost. Although I have only been blogging for a few months, I have not had any issues.
2. Learn the difference between the WordPress platforms before becoming a blogger. I use WordPress.com to design and publish my content. However, I think in the near future I will transfer both my host and platform.
3. Understand, your content is your blog and it needs to get published and promoted consistently. Which means you need a content plan, a weekly schedule, and an audience/population, before becoming a blogger.
4. Learn different strategies to marketing and promoting your blog, such as blogging support groups, Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, etc… It took me several weeks, months even to have all of the above platforms. I am still learning Instagram and Pinterest.
5. What you put in, is what you get out. Before becoming a blogger, research, learn and grow. But most importantly, have fun!
Although there is indeed a lot to learn about blogging, I believe these 5 Things to blogging would have given me some guidance if I would have completed a little research beforehand. Nevertheless, I actually enjoy blogging (never imagined that) and I have met some amazing people in the blogging world.
Do you have anything you can add to this list of “Things To Know Before Becoming A Blogger?” If you are interested in blogging, do you feel as though this was helpful?
Do not forget to like, share and comment. You can also click the image above to save it to your Pinterest for reference. I am grateful for your support!